Saturday, January 5, 2013

39 weeks preggo

Yes, I'm pregnant, and if you don't know that, I'm surprised...it's pretty much my life right now. We're having a little girl, she is due the 13th of Jan...I cannot believe it's coming up so soon, although I would really like to have her now. I'm done with being pregnant. People have told me to enjoy the time right now because it's not like I'll be able to sleep when she comes, but really? Do you think I'm sleeping well now? Because I'm not. I've really been surprised about what people act like when they are around pregnant women. It's seriously shocking. It's like they think that they can forget all the barriers that should be there. Want some examples? Ok...at work there is a gal who loves being pregnant (ok...that's your choice...), but she constant will stare at my big round stomach when she talks to me. Um, awkward...really awkward. Like, almost as awkward as someone staring at your chest while they talk to you. Also at work a guy (also staring at my stomach) tells me how big and round I am. Oh, ok...you can comment on my stomach, but how about if I stare at your fatness and tell you that you're big and round, huh? Yeah, not acceptable...neither is commenting on my stomach. Why is it acceptable for pretty much every person I see to tell me that I've dropped (or haven't dropped), huh? Tell me that, will you? I have been lucky enough to not have anyone touch my baby belly-thank goodness, but I have heard of this happening a lot. I have a personal bubble and don't need to deal with someone doing that. And why do people do that? Do they expect that the baby all the sudden will kick at their hand? Um, that's not gonna do it. Touch your own belly, k?
Do you want to know the questions people ask, and in what order? 1. When are you due? 2. What are you having? 3. Do you have a name? And in there is also a splattering of: Are you getting an epidural? Are you ready? What's your nursery set up like? I don't mind talking about this little miss, but I am so sick of those questions. Good thing there is only a week left till the due date. I'm seriously contemplating not leaving the house until she comes out. So, I really thought that work would be harder while I was pregnant. Not harder physically, but emotionally. Seeing all those sick babies/kids is hard, but more than anything, around 20-30 weeks I would see those NICU premies and that worried me more than anything. Just that those little guys were the size of the one inside me. But, I've been lucky to have a very uncomplicated pregnancy. I have been lucky at work to be getting a lot of shifts in the NICU. It is the least physically demanding area to work. It's a little harder to squeeze in and out of the little spaces that I used to and sometimes my tummy will catch on edges of vents, cribs and other equipment in there.
So, that was me at 37.5 weeks, I was still feeling pretty good at that point (although sleep was still evading me). But, once I hit 38 weeks...oy! That started the least fun part of pregnancy. This little miss is really stretching and her little feet keep trying to jam out of my right side. I've started getting spasms in my hip flexors, painful to the point where I can't stand on that leg. In this past week the little girl has really dropped and I so totally feel ready for this birth thing to happen. Unfortunately when I last went to the Doc's, I was only dilated to a 1 and my cervix was still "pretty thick". I'm going in again on Tuesday, so hopefully there will be some better and more exciting news, because I am ready. I will say though, that even though I'm complaining a lot here, I am very very very excited to have this little miss and to be a new mommy. Her name you ask? We're not sure, but either thinking Ruby Mae or Anne Marie (I lean more towards Ruby, Vince leans more toward Anne). We'll see what she looks like I guess. The nursery? Well, it's all painted a bright tiffany blue with white furniture and pink accents/wall hangings. And yes...epidural...very much an epidural. I have no grand ambitions of even trying to do it natural. I figure that the science is there, why would you not choose to use it, right? My goal this year is to blog more...so hopefully I will be good =)

3 comments:

  1. I guess I asked all the questions you're sick of getting asked today,didn't I? haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's cool...our conversation was not 100% baby talk, which I was so glad of. I loved that I got to get out with you =)

      Delete
  2. I didn't mind being pregnant until the very end, except for the pregnancy questions...non-stop from every customer that came in. But get used to it, it's not going to change with any future pregnancies. Oh, and random people did touch my belly...without question or warning...which I did not enjoy at all.

    ReplyDelete