Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Engaged!

So, Vinnie and I went to the OR coast for my family reunion (my parents/siblings). Obviously things went well....we got engaged on Saturday! We went down to Beverly Beach with the entire family. This first picture is out looking at tide pools. In the background you can see seals. It was a chilly day with a lot of wind, but the coast is great no matter what!
So, anyways....story...after looking at the tide pools, we walked over to the other side of the beach that was all sandy. The kids were all digging in the sand and playing in the very cold ocean and a shallow pool area. Lindsey (a niece) wanted to be buried in the sand, so we told her to start digging a hole to lay in and we'd cover her up. Vinnie wanted to go on a walk while we were waiting for Lindsey. So we started to walk along and found a bunch of drift wood....drift logs...and sat down. We were chatting for a bit and Vinnie came in front of me, on a knee, and told me how much he loves me and how important I am to him and asked me to marry him. Naturally I said yes....I'm already mid-planning, but it was such a great day and I'm so happy that we're engaged. Ah, I love this man!

These are pictures of the spot we sat down and Vinnie proposed...


This is my ring....very sparkly....

So, this is a picture that Michelle took. She, mom and Tami (I think) were standing there watching. Come to find out later that they were all waiting to see if we did get engaged. I'm not one for big group announcements, so when Lindsey came up to tell us that her hole was dug I figured I'd tell her and let her spill the beans. So I asked her if she wanted to hear a secret, she said, "eh" and ran away...
So, I ended up just hiding the ring waiting for an opportunity to just tell a few people at a time. A couple minutes after we showed up, we got sent to look for my dad and Stan (bro-in-law). We caught up to them, and we told them. Got back to the group and Michelle came over and asked how our walk was...."very nice" and showed her....Lindsey shows up, and says my ring looks like a crown...then dad brings mom over, hugs all around....

I was a little suspicious about Vinnie asking me before we went on the trip. His mom accidentally spilled the beans and said he was planning on asking me over the reunion, so he said he wasn't now, that he'd make a new plan, but I didn't all the way believe him. When we were stopped at Michelle's house on the way there I was gonna get something from his bag and he freaked out a little. Then on the day he proposed, I was reaching in his pocket while asking if he brought his camera and he freaked out a little then too...I was hoping it was coming, but I tried to be cool just in case it didn't happen, I didn't want to be disappointed. But, it did happen and I am very very happy and very much in love =)

4 comments:

  1. Yay:) I am so happy for you! Your ring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! Congratulations! I miss the OR coast, I'm jealous. so when is the big day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. it'll be next summer. I'm going back to Boise to finish my last year and then we'll get married and I'll move down here to UT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey congrats! I am so excited for you! So when are you getting married?

    ReplyDelete